May 29, 2012

Leaving for Italy


Ciao Tutti!
 
so we got out travel plans this week. uh....... what??? yeah. so we leave the mtc tuesday morning around 8am and we fly out at 11:30. crazzzyyyy! i am so excited but also very very VERY nervous. my district leader shared Deut. 31:6,8 with me on friday night which really helped me feel peace about going to a new country and trying to somehow communicate the message of salvation to italians. God won't forsake me. ever.
 
in sacrement on sunday i sang "Be Still My Soul" ("Anima Mia") and it went really well. i'm getting pretty good at singing in italian ;] after i sang, my branch president spoke and shared one of my favorite scriptures that i've had written out by my desk- D&C 6:36 "Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not." man.. i feel like his whole talk was directed toward me. it was awesome. my branch presidencey is awesome.
 
so i have been super stressed about the language and praying and praying and PRAYING for help and i know that God has been guiding me through this whole process but it hasn't been the least bit easy, and i know its because He had a lot for me to learn. I have been struggling and stuggling with the language but for some reason, since this past monday, the language has been a lot more fluid for me and coming more easily. for the first time i talked the majority of the time in one of our lessons, after which, my teacher pulled me aside and asked what i did to prepare and told me that that was my best lesson i had taught up to this point.
this later monday night we had TRC (talking to returned missionaries and native italians) and i shared an experience in italian and i talked for like 15 minutes straight. i didn't even know i had 15 minutes of italian in me! ;]
anyway- after TRC, the volunteers write little evaluations of how we did and both of our slips mentioned me personally and said how good my italian is. yeah. God's blessing me...... a ton.....
 
okay well this will be the last email i write from the provo MTC. keep the letters coming to me in Italy!
Sorella Sudweeks
Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro 20
00141 Rome, Italy
 
vi voglio bene!!
 
Sorella Sudweeks

No comments: