Apr 4, 2012

First Letter!!!

Hey family!
 
so i dont even know where to start. my first week at the mtc has been crazy. and i feel like i have been here for months. they days have all kind of just smashed into a whole bunch of days and if someone asked what i did on friday, i would just have no idea.
so i love my district. and everyone here. its really cool cause everyone says hi to everyone in their respective languages. so i say "ciao!" about 50 times a day. its awesome. and its not weird if you start up a conversation with a random person. in fact, its a little weird if you dont, because we are being trained to be some of the most social people on earth and always trying not to be shy or held back. its really cool. i have met so many new people and i just love it.
i had a really crazy experience this week. so my first day here i felt the spirit super strong and my heart felt like it was going to beat out of me chest! then for the next few days i didn't feel the spirit as strong and i even wrote in my journal about how i felt like the spirit has withdrawn from me in a way. but i prayed and something was brought to my remebrance that the spirit withdraws before emense spiritual growth or an important event in one's life. like when the atonement was taking place and Jesus said "why hast thou forsaken me".
anyway- we went to the TRC and got to speak and teach real italians from italy and it was really hard because my companion, sorella spicq ("speak") who is from france, and has studied italian for 6 years, and is amazing by the way.... she mostly talked and i honestly couldn't follow hardly anything they were saying and i just felt very small and it was just difficult to be in that situation. at the end of the lesson, the "investigator" prayed and he blessed me in his prayer and i understood everything he said. and i just started bawling because the spirit was just so strong and i just felt God's arms encircle me. it was amazing.
 
well i dont have much time, but i love and miss you all.
write me!!! dearelder.com is so easy!!!!

thanks for all your love and support!
Sorella Sudweeks

No comments: